Camera Loan Program Online Application 2018
The ongoing Illegal Dump Free PA Surveillance Camera Loan Program is designed to provide surveillance cameras to eligible organizations in Pennsylvania to help capture evidence at active, illegal dumpsites. Keep Pennsylvania Beautiful (KPB) will loan three high quality surveillance cameras and provide training and assistance to selected applicants. Grant recipients will work with local enforcement agencies to ultimately reduce illegal dumping through public education and enforcement. Apply below.
Applicant Requirements 2018
– Eligible organizations include municipalities, townships, boroughs, cities, counties as well as non-profit organizations within the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. Private property owners or individuals are not eligible. Back roads, urban alleys, and recycling centers are common sites.
– Applicants are required to submit at least four photos per site (photos should be sent electronically in a jpg format) of their targeted site. Photos must clearly show the relative size of the dumpsite, site contents, surrounding landscape/terrain, and be from more than one angle.
– Recipients must agree to maintain surveillance cameras. Recipients will help collect evidence of illegal dumping and follow through with prosecutions, partnering with local and state enforcement agencies as applicable. Recipients will work with local media and KPB to educate the public about the costs of illegal dumping to their community by publicizing prosecutions and cleanup details.
– Applicants may list one or more potential sites on the application.
– Recipients must submit the Permission to Enter Form signed by the property owner prior to the distribution of cameras or training. Award letters are valid pending signed permission.
– Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis as long as funds permit. All applications will be evaluated and awarded as cameras are available.
What Happens Next?
– Recipients will receive training and the use of three surveillance cameras to capture evidence of illegal dumping at an active dumpsite.
– KPB provides educational materials for the recipients to introduce to local Magisterial District Judges upon receiving the acceptance letter.
– The anticipated loan period is approximately 3 months, depending on success and site activity.
– Recipients will submit Progress Report Forms to KPB every two weeks (this can be done on our website).
– Rechargeable batteries and charger are provided by KPB.
– Keep Pennsylvania Beautiful will activate and maintain wireless communication on selected cameras.
– Any additional media coverage or details regarding the program should be provided to KPB.